On Wednesday 15 March 2006 08:29, Bo Andresen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
about '[gentoo-user] overnetclc: error while loading shared libraries:
libstdc++.so.5: cannot open':
> I am having a problem with overnet on an amd64 computer. For some reason
> it connat load libstdc++.so.5.
>
> $ overnetclc
> overnetclc: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5: cannot
>
> I checked and realized that I did not have this file so I emerged
> libstdc++-v3. This did get me the file in /usr/lib64. Still no luck. I
> suppose the problem is that overnet is a binary package which requires a
> 32 bit library. Still I don't know how to solve this problem. Perhaps
> the problem is that I need multilib but I don't know how to select that
> since the multilib use flag is missing.

Multilib is handled by profiles now.  From the part of your post I've
trimmed (DOH) you are using a multilib profile, so the use flag is treated
as always on.

Also, you might need one (or more) of the packages from
app-emulation/emul-x86-*.

--
"If there's one thing we've established over the years,
it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest