Hi all,

this should probably asked on the developers list but I am not subscribed to
it. Maybe, enough gentoo developers are on this list as well. ;-)

<rant>
Who made gdk-pixbuf dependent on gnome-libs?

>From the ebuild:

RDEPEND="media-libs/jpeg
    media-libs/tiff
    =x11-libs/gtk+-1.2*
    >=media-libs/libpng-1.2.1
    amd64? ( sys-libs/db )
    !amd64? ( <sys-libs/db-2 )
    >=gnome-base/gnome-libs-1.4.1.2-r1"
# We need gnome-libs here, else gnome support do not get compiled into
# gdk-pixbuf (the GnomeCanvasPixbuf library )

It pulls gnome-libs and, through gnome-libs I guess orbit, in although it does
not really depend on gnome. If there is an optional dependency on gnome it
should respect my "-gnome" USE flag setting.

Lot's of pure gtk apps depend on gdk-pixbuf but don't depend on gnome or
orbit. I should be able to emerge that library without pulling all the other
stuff in I have no use of.

</rant>

:-)

Uwe

--
Why do consumers keep buying products they will live to curse?