kashani <kashani-list <at> badapple.net> writes:

> Neil Bothwick wrote:
> > Yes, but you need dev-lang/php-4*, not dev-php/php-4*. Unmerge the
> > blockers and dev-lang/php-4* will emerge. You don't need mod_php anymore,
> > it is provided by the apache(2) USE flags of dev-lang/php.

> > If the JFFNMS ebuild explicitly depends on dev-php/php, it is broken.
> > file a bug and add it to /etc/portage/profile/package.provided to work
> > around it until it is fixed (or fix the ebuild yourself).

>       It looks like jffnms just hit portage at large on Monday.  Still
> masked, but it's in there. Assuming James is using this version it seems
> happy to use to dev-lang/php-4.4.2

Well, I have gotten delayed, but when I get a few things done, I'll test
the latest JFFNMS with dev-lang/php-4.4.2. One of the devs has worked
on it, quite a lot lately. If more folks install JFFNMS and use it, we're
more likely to get better support from the devs.

> On a side note, didn't jffnms want java serverlets or some nonsense in
> the past? I seem to recall looking at it and then dropping it due to the
> requirements.

It has undergone many changes, as it is quite fluid as NMS. The website states
that it runs on PHP5 also, but, I have not had time to drill down into the
details. What's your adversion to Java Serverlets? (just curious).

James