On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 16:52:48 +0100
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Since I switched to kernel 2.6.15-gentoo-r7 (from r5), with an identical
> .config
> file, dhcpcd doesn't stay alive as a daemon:
> - it starts okay at boot time and eth1 gets its address from IAF, then it dies
> - when the lease time's over, I don't have internet access anymore until I
> rebbot.
> What gives ? Anyone got the same problem ?

I can't actually say.  However, if it's the dhcpcd that comes with net-misc/dhcp
then that client has a persistence problem and the standalone client -
net-misc/dhcpcd
is a better choice.

Or perhaps - net-misc/pump, might be a better choice?

Yes, I didn't answer your question as I don't have a working knowledge of the
kernel
and the client other than the persistence issue seen on another Linux on an
ia64 platform.

Bob
-