On 17 March 2006 18:48, James wrote:

> Hello Uwe,
>
> So when will we see KDE-4?

My personal opinion? At the earliest end of this year - but honestly, I doubt
it. More probably, there will be a a "developer alpha" or some such by the
end of 2006. One with a stabilised API but not necessarily feature complete
or ready for production. KDE did the same thing with version 2 to give
application developers a chance to port their apps to the new framework.

I expect KDE4 somewhen first half of 2007. That's personal opinion. There
isn't any real roadmap yet.

> A group is coallescing together to develop a SCADA package and associated
> tools, much like National Instrument's Lookout, which is part of Labview.
> Would you be willing to provide some QT4 architectural issues advise,
> as we formalize a formal plan?

IMO, Qt's help with their classes overview and their tutorials is first-class
documentation. If you have specific questions we can take it from there. But
I must admit I haven't done much with Qt4 personally yet.

> Graphical creation of industrial devices,
> such as valves, pumps, tanks, guages and many types of machines and
> instruments, with  animation and inserts of actual equipment pictures, all
> in a SCADA package is of keen interest to this development effort.
>
> If any other Gentoo-users have a keen interest in remote controls and SCADA
> tools sililar to National Intruments Labview, drop me a line with a brief
> message about your interests. SNMPv3 and many industrial protocols, such as
> modbusTCP will be supported.

Sounds interesting.

Uwe

--
Why do consumers keep buying products they will live to curse?