On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 13:10:31 -0600
Mike Myers wrote:

> kashani wrote:
>
> > THUFIR HAWAT wrote:
> >
> >> The times:
> >>
> >> start:   March 20 2006 14:00:01
> >> finish:  March 21 2006 13:22:39
> >

> > Depends entirely on what you installed, your CPU, your RAM, and half a
> > dozen other things. I'd expect with X and KDE/Gnome that looks about
> > right.
> >
> > If all your src is local (portage, stage3, and distfiles), you have
> > dual CPU, lots of RAM, and are installing a stripped down build to be
> > a server it takes just under two hours or so depending on the amount
> > of software I need for that type of server.
> >
> > kashani
>
> If you do GRP packages, it's even faster than that.  Immediately after I
> bought my laptop, I went to Denny's with it and an install CD and a
> package CD and had it installed before the battery died.  And that's on
> a Pentium M 1.86Ghz and 512MB of RAM.  It's all dependant on how you
> install it.

I'll approx 11 hrs into a PIII-450, 256MB Ram install ...  I started it
before leaving for work this AM and it's chugging away.  Perhaps it'll
be done by the time the Father-Daughter dinner and soccer practice are
done (in 4 hrs).  Perhaps it'll be done by the time I head for work
tomorrow.  Perhaps it'll be 24 hrs like the initial posting.

Only time will tell :->