On Wednesday 22 March 2006 20:26, Sergio Polini wrote:
> I'ld like to know how the sequence of init scripts is set up.

Did you look in the Gentoo handbook?
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?part=2&chap=4

If after reading that you still have unanswered questions then ask again.

> Moreover, I'd like to know if it's possible to verify the actual
> sequence of the init scripts. I can look at the commands that a make
> command would execute but do not execute them, or at the problems
> reported by fsck avoiding to repair them, by the -n option.
> Could I check an init sequence in a similar way?

I don't think so. But it will check syntax of the entire script if you run any
command on it. Only syntax though.

--
Bo Andresen