Hi,

 in general I like systems to be more secure.

 But in the current configuration'n'installing phase of my new linux
 my system is a little too secure:

 I can login as root at the text console.

 But as soon as I login as normal user, start X (startx) and try an
 "su" I'll get fired. No chance.

 I tried to remove /etc/securetty (by renaming it) and I read
 /etc/login.def but nothing helps.

 Where do I have to tweak to allow "su" from xterm, mrxvt or whatever
 owned by a normal user ?

 (background: k3b's k3bsetup needs root privileges to run
  successfully...)
 (background2: I am running some of kde's applikations, but only IceWM
  as environment. But this is not the reason for the behaviour
  described above...)

 Thank you very much for any helpful reply !

 Keep hacking!
 mcc