On Fri, 2006-03-24 at 09:40 +1200, Nick Rout wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 12:22:00 -0700
> Joseph wrote:
>
> > Are there any USB type TV / Video capture devices that works with Linux?
> >
> > --
> > #Joseph
>
> >From the mythtv docs:
>
> "USB Capture Devices.
>
> The Plextor ConvertX PVR devices are supported through Linux drivers
> available from http://www.plextor.com/english/support/LinuxSDK.htm.
> MythTV uses the Plextor to capture hardware encoded MPEG-4, so the host
> CPU requirements are low."

That would do it with a bit of tweaking.
All I want is to connect my Video Microscope (that has standard RCA
Rack) to TV IN Card to see a live picture and be able to capture a
frame.
I have a  ieee-1394 card and "Kino" application supports ieee-1394.
I have as well Analog to Digital S-VHS converter.

But is it possible to have a cable from S-VHS to FireWire 4 or 6pin; to
connect it to ieee-1394 card?

--
#Joseph