On Friday 24 March 2006 09:00, Jeff wrote:
> Hey all. Have a look at the *bottom* of this Google screen shot:
>
> http://home.comcast.net/~jmg_071769/images/borkedcharacters.jpg
>
> How do I get those Asian characters to appear?
>
> TIA!
>
> -Jeff

Try adding "cjk" to your USE flags and doing an emerge -N.  I don't remember
if there was an additional package I had to emerge as well, but the cjk flag
adds support for the Chinese Japanese Korean font sets.  I just did this
myself a few weeks ago.  (Don't really know why I bothered though, since I
can't actually READ Kanji - but I suppose it looks cool.)

--
Eric Bliss
systems design and integration,