Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:

According to this document, it indicates my setup SHOULD be working. It does suggest creating a cron.allow and adding all members that are allowed to use cron to this file. I fail to see the reasoning of adding users to the cron group AND to this file, but that is something the package maintainers have chosen I guess.

Still, it does not make sense why my current configuration is not working. Users are in the cron group. /etc/cron.allow does not exist and /etc/cron.deny exists and is empty. The cron daemon is running and processing nightly jobs at the system level.

Tom Veldhouse

Hmmm I've never had to so more than add users to the cron group... is it possible that the crons are running, but that the scripts have path issues or something similar?

kashani