Neil Bothwick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> You can, by adding ">cate-gory/package-version" to
> /etc/portage/package.mask. As long as the package is installed, a copy
> of the ebuild will stay in /var/db/pkg. Portage never forces you to
> upgrade anything.

OK: thanks I did not know this. (I have never tried anything like emerge
world yet, I just update the packages as I need (either bug fixing or
for new functionality): I just noticed the older ebuilds go missing from
/usr/portage).

--
Simon Kellett,        |   Gentoo Linux, Fvwm, Firefox
Darmstadt, Germany    |              Xemacs, Vm, Gnus