On 27 March 2006 09:07, Ian wrote:
> Hi there
> Just because you guys/gals are smart.
>
> I have a Linux laptop, and an iMac.
> This linux laptop uses a wifi connection to a router for network/internet
> access.
> While its connected to the network, can I plug in my iMac to my laptop and
> fool it
> into thinking it is connected to the router? I did this a long time ago
> with 2 windows
> boxes. Can it be done from Linux to OS X?

Of course, it can be done. Set you laptop up as a firewall that uses
masquerading or Network Address Translation (NAT) to hide anything behind it.
Then point the default route of any box connecting to your laptop to the
laptop or use dhcp.

Uwe

--
Why do consumers keep buying products they will live to curse?