> Will rm -Rf /proc hose a system?  I didn't run rm -Rf /proc directly,
> but I did do it indirectly.  I had mount --bind /proc /mnt/gentoo/proc
> and then forgot about it.  I then ran rm -Rf /mnt/gentoo to start a
> stage 3 again forgetting that /boot and /proc were both mount
> --bind[ed] to /mnt/gentoo.
>
> Could this hose my system?  I don't want to reboot yet if it could.  I
> want to fix what ever I can.
>
> Grrr, I just looked and /boot/ is wiped clean!  I guess I can redo grub
> and I still have my kernel under /usr/src.  What about /proc?  Would
> running rm -Rf /proc kill anything?

mlaptop proc # rm -rfv /proc/config.gz
rm: cannot remove `/proc/config.gz': Operation not permitted

are you sure ? proc is like a dynamic filesystem they aren't really files
just virtual files that the kernel are displaying ... if you some how have
whiped proc you can probuly just ...

mount -o remount /proc

n it will be fine...

give ...
mkdir /mnt/proc
mount -t proc proc /mnt/proc
a little seein' too ;)

but no you should be fine ..

as for /boot .. you silly billy :) hehe!
and just be thankful you didn't get the wrong terminal and remove your
current filesystem, lol

Matt.