THUFIR HAWAT wrote:
On 3/27/06, Gabriel Dain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
If you really wanted to telnet to yourself (i dont see any
circumstance in which this would be useful), you'd have to set up a
telnet/ssh server:
http://freessh.org/unix.html
--
Gabriel Dain
..

I emerged

netkit-telnetd

which I think is sufficient for my needs (?).

For what needs? Why did you now install a telnet
server? I thought you wanted to get leafnode to
run.

I'm going by the following (except that I'm doing xinit):

 Leafnode should run now?

Try telnet on port 119:

  $ telnet localhost 119
  Hopefully you see something like that:

  [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]$ telnet localhost 119
  Trying 127.0.0.1...
  Connected to localhost.localdomain.
  Escape character is '^]'.
  200 Leafnode NNTP Daemon, version 1.9.14 running at maggie.scriptkiddie.de

Your hostname is maggie.scriptkiddie.de? You are
Christian Kuester? If not, does he allow you to
use this hostname?

<http://www-student.cs.uni-bonn.de/~kuester/html/slrn-with-leafnode-HOWTO-3.html>
                                      ^^^^^^^
Argl.

Don't stupidly copy everything you see there.

Alexander Skwar
--
   "Who can fathom the feminine mind?" -Calvin "I like `em anyway" -Hobbes