Hi All,

Last night I decided to set up a rsync server on my gentoo server box.
I have a partition mounted under /srv, and that was the disk the rsync
module was located on. I then proceeded to rsync the contents of my
main PC over to the server. I tested the scripts a few times first to
ensure that things were working OK, and indeed they were. I then set
it running when I went to bed.

This morning I wake up to find the server had crashed and was
inaccessible. All processes seemed to have shut down. Rebooting the
computer resulted in the reiserfsck being run - and failing!!

I have tried reiserfsck --rebuild-tree /dev/hdc6 and I get a complaint
that the filesystem could not be rebuilt

bread: Cannot read the block (87878789) (Input/Output error)

It also suggests (aside from buying a new disk!) to try overwriting
the blocks if there are only a few of them. How do I go about doing
this?? And does anyone have any other suggestions on how to recover
the filesystem?

Cheers,

--
Ant...