On Saturday 01 April 2006 02:25, Lord Sauron wrote:
> localhost ~ # emerge --pretend kde-meta
>
> These are the packages that I would merge, in order:
>
> Calculating dependencies ...done!
> [blocks B     ] =kde-base/kdebase-3.4* (is blocking kde-base/kdialog-3.4.1)
[SNIP]
> [blocks B     ] =kde-base/kdegraphics-3.4* (is blocking
> kde-base/kdegraphics-kfile-plugins-3.4.3)
[SNIP]

> No.  Still doesn't like me.  I never know about the meta packages, so
> I could be on Gnome for a little while until I get this sorted out,
> huh?

Seems you have a mixture of monolithic and split. Like I said before I
recommend the split packages. To get those you have to unmerge the monolithic
packages. So:

# emerge --unmerge --ask --verbose kdebase kdegraphics
# emerge --ask --verbose kde-meta

It is all explained at
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?part=2&chap=1#doc_chap4

And please learn to cut out anything you don't reply to and reply below that
which you do reply to.

--
Bo Andresen