Jeremy Olexa wrote:
pat wrote:
Hi all,

is there someone who has experience with *subj* ??? One of my friends
has this ntb and is not able to install linux on it (this is problem
with irgpoll, but setting this param to kernel doewn't work).

Thanks to all

    Pat

P.S. IBM, P3/750MHz, 20GB hdd ... .

Hmm, don't suppose you can read French? The French link regarding installing Gentoo is on this page:
http://www.linux-on-laptops.com/ibm.html

I would kindly suggest for you to consult google. That was my first hit when searching for "ibm i1200 +gentoo"

Hope that helps,
Jeremy
In case you do follow that link and can read it, the custom ISO the writer mentions isn't necessary - the PCMCIA modules, including yenta_socket, can be automatically probed by specifying "dopcmcia" on the boot command line (e.g. "gentoo dopcmcia acpi=on") on all recent LiveCDs.

HTH.