On Monday 03 April 2006 22:12, Peter Ruskin wrote:
> On Monday 03 April 2006 13:12, Jason Stubbs wrote:
> > > I'm just experiencing the same thing - with over 800 ebuilds
> > > this is an important question.  I'm noting the problem ebuilds
> > > in a log file manually, so I can see to them when it's all
> > > over.
> >
> > This is resilient to the single merge between resumes case in
> > 2.1_pre. For 2.0, you can manually back up and restore
> > /var/cache/edp/mtimedb.
>
> Sorry Jason, I don't understand.  How would I backup and
> restore /var/cache/edp/mtimedb and what would that do?

It does as the opening poster asked:

> So, is there any way I can preserve the state of the world build,
> so that after building the breaking package I can do a --resume
> --skipfirst and carry on with the world build?

The not very aptly named mtimedb file contains the resume list among
other things. Hence, copying it somewhere else before fixing a broken
build and copying it back after will preserve the resume list. Don't
do it for more than single ebuild maintenance though as the file
contains other things too.

--
Jason Stubbs