On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 08:23:41AM +0200, Alexander Skwar wrote:
> Toby 'qubit' Cubitt wrote:
>
> >The only downside to freeNX was it was more complicated to get
> >working.
>
> The big downside of NX for me is, that your session ends
> as soon as NX is stopped. Not so with VNC (no matter which
> VNC).

I'm not sure that's true. I thought freeNX could have persistent
sessions too. There's an "ENABLE_PERSISTENT_SESSION" option in the
config file, at any rate. I even vaguely remember trying it
once. Perhaps someone else knows more (or has access to a couple of
boxes they could test it on - I don't at the moment).

In any case, the freeNX client can connect to VNC sessions, amongst
others. Not sure whether that gives better performance than VNC
though.

Toby
--
PhD Student