Hi,
On Mon, 2006-04-03 at 02:47 -0500, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> On Sunday 02 April 2006 21:06, Sven Köhler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
> about '[gentoo-user]  traffic shaping':
> > Is there any application or script that is easy to configure and does
> > all the necessary things to shape my DSL traffic?

...SKIP...
Check "trickle" (comes from OpenBSD) latest version is 1.06.
Bad thing is that currently it's masked for removal as being
unmaintained since 2003, plus there's an open Bug, doesn't compile
(126597).
As i got interested managed to make it compile (check the Bug).
Be warned i still haven't tested it, but by man pages desc. its' usage
is quite/very simple (both as a daemon or run on command line).
Can shape both incoming and up-going connections.
If it's working will hate to see it go.
HTH.Rumen