On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 20:15:31 +0000, b.n. wrote:

> > No you don't. The automounters in KDE and GNOME don't want fstab
> > entries for the devices.
>
> Not using automounters, I'm quite puzzled.
> Do they build a temporary mount point or what? What if I *want* them to
> use a mount point I decide?

They mount on /media/devicename. If you want to override this, you
can create an entry in fstab, but this is definitely not compulsory. A
better way to change the mount name (IMO) is to use a udev rule to change
the device name. All my removable devices mount with meaningful
names. /media/cf, media/sd, /media/camera etc.

--
Neil Bothwick

Excuse me for butting in, but I'm interrupt-driven.