Hi Meino,

> What do I with this *.ebuild?
>
> When I look into /usr/portage/* I find a lot more files in conjunction
> with a certain *.ebuild, which seem to handle the build and handling
> of applikations to be installed. Do I need some more files for this
> applikation? How can I handle this certain "external" ebuild-file
> without the danger to screw up my system ?

You have to create an overlay for it, see
http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Installing_3rd_Party_Ebuilds for more
information.

In this manual you have to create an additional portage tree where you
can put external ebuilds.
I have mine in my overlay folder under media-video/ttcut.
To use the ebuild you have to digest it. Go to the folder where you
have your ebuild.
Then execute "ebuild ttcut-0.11.2_alpha.ebuild digest" without the
quotes, if you do so, some other files are created. One for instance
is for veryfing the the size of source package and so on.
After that you can emerge it as normal with "emerge ttcut". I have
cleaned up the ebuild a bit, so that there are no additional files
needed. You have to download it again at bugs.gentoo.org. Your system
will not be messed up this ebuild installs only two binary files into
/usr/bin one is called ttcut the other ttmpeg. To use ttcut just type
"ttcut" at the commandline and a nice gui opens similar to cuttermaran
the well known cutting tool for windows!

> These are the packages that I would merge, in order:

> Calculating dependencies
> !!! All ebuilds that could satisfy "=qt-4.1.2" have been masked.
> !!! One of the following masked packages is required to complete your request:
> - x11-libs/qt-4.1.2 (masked by: ~x86 keyword)

> For more information, see MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge man page or
> refer to the Gentoo Handbook.

> ...is there any wrong with my system or do I need to update
> something (I did an "eix-sync" minutes ago...)

Nothing is wrong with your system qt-4.1.2 is masked by ~x86 keyword
means it is unstable(testing). You can emerge it if you add
"x11-libs/qt ~x86" to the file /etc/portage/package.keywords

Hth Daniel