Hi!

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 09:58:50 -0400 Jeff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Wondering, what's the difference between ctags and exuberant-ctags,
> and why one would take the place of the other? One of my users has
> pointed out that 'there should be only one', and that he has always
> used exuberant in the past. Is there a way to safely link exuberant
> for him without hosing his system?
>
> See here:
>
> # find /usr/bin/ | grep ctag
> /usr/bin/exuberant-ctags
> /usr/bin/ctags

Quoting the exuberant-ctags ebuild:
> namepace collision with X/Emacs-provided /usr/bin/ctags -- we
> rename ctags to exuberant-ctags (Mandrake does this also).

So if you have X/Emacs installed it would explain the existance
of /usr/bin/ctags on your system.

As for your user... He can simply alias exuberant-ctags to ctags in
his .bashrc and be done with it.

Cheers,
Renat

--
Probleme kann man niemals mit derselben Denkweise loesen,
durch die sie entstanden sind.