Hi,

On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 21:55:46 +0200
Jarry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Is it possible to configure gpm so, that if usb-mouse is
> attached, then only mouse can be used as pointing device?

You may try to use udev for that. It can call scripts when devices are
plugged in and out or just present at boot (using coldplug for older
udev versions). You can let the script switch configuration files and
send gpm a signal that lets it read its configuration again. The key is
that you should not use "/dev/input/mice" as the device but have two
separate gpm configurations with "/dev/input/mouseN" (you can also use
udev to give more persistent names).

Sorry, I can't go much into practical details, I've no use for this,
personally :-)

-hwh