*Sigh* Sorry for the fat fingers before :-/ Let's try this again, eh?

Chris said:
> Yes but that's not clean

Understood. I'm _very_ new to Gentoo. I've spent the past 6 years supporting
FreeBSD systems, and I'm being thrown into the deep end of the pool at this new
job ;-)

> Use the same portage tree, have only the package version(s) you want
> avaliable. The installer has the option to use nfs mounts, webrsync,
> standard rsync, or a URI to a snapshot (which can be both local or
> remote).

Gotcha. So in the installprofile.xml I can set:

        <portage-snapshot>
                file:///mnt/cdrom/snapshots/portage-20060123.tar.bz2
        </portage-snapshot>

To be something more like:

        <portage-snapshot>
                nfs:///usr/portage/
        </portage-snapshot>

Or along those lines (I'll do it through the gui and see how it changes the
file)? My eventual goal is to have a netboot system for setting up boxes, but
right now the need is great, the time is short and the resources are nil. :-\

And thank you all for your help--you've been great :-)

Best,
--Glenn
--
Glenn E. Sieb, MTS