On 10:47 Thu 13 Apr     , Marc Koschewski wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm new to the list as I didn't have a reason to complain about Gentoo since I
> use it. I was a frustrated Debian user before. :) But now a problem appeared I
> didn't get fixed so far.
>
> I did an emerge --sync and emerge world yesterday and since then my font
> rendering is broken in GNOME (ok, just partly - means: ie. several menu items
> not drawn, Mozilla bookmarks partly not drawn). Also Web pages in Mozilla are
> not readable sometimes (actually as if the don't have text in them). Scrolling
> a Web page with scrambled content make it appear correctly. Also does moving
> the mouse over the menu fix the correct display of the items in case there are
> some that are drawn incorrectly.
>
> I reverted pango to 1.12.0 but no change. So i re-emerged pango to 1.12.1. I
> reverted glib, no change, so I re-emerged.
>
> Hope anyone has a clue (or better: a solution). The emerge before yesterday
> was
> last Friday, FYI. No probs then.
>
> Regards,
> Marc
> --

Ok. Same behaviour here (not solved).

Are you using nvidia proprietary driver? If so, and you switch to 'nv' driver
problem is gone, isn't?

Xgl does not have this problem...

I use fvwm, so that's not an gnome related issue (furthermore, I use kde
based apps, and that weird behaivour also is reproducing)...

Are you using Xorg modular?

Linux galiza_ceive 2.6.16-ck4 #3 PREEMPT Thu Apr 13 10:58:18 CEST 2006 i686 AMD
Athlon(tm) GNU/Linux

[ebuild   R   ] media-video/nvidia-kernel-1.0.8756  0 kB

[ebuild   R   ] x11-base/xorg-server-1.0.99.2  USE="dri -debug -ipv6 -minimal
-xprint" 0 kB
--
A ouvir (mpd): Sex Pistols - Kill The Hippies - Live 1978
 - GPG KeyID:0x9D2FD6C8