Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
On Monday 17 April 2006 09:14, John Jolet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote about '[gentoo-user] evms':

Trying to set up a new server using evms, but the howto on the gentoo
site seems very old and incomplete.
basically, i've got 3 hot-swappable scsi drives, but no raid controller.. I want to end up with lvm logical volumes on top of a
software raid-5.  but getting there with evms is presenting me some
issues.

In your situation, I'd get rid of evms, it's not needed. Use mdadm to create a raid5 volume from your 3 drives, then use the command-line lvm tools to create a pv, vg, and all the lvs you want.

I agree. I tried to use evms and I was not very lucky. I am happily running lvm on top of raid with mdadm lvm2.

--
RĂ©gis