Hi,

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 09:44:09 -0500 "Johnson, Maurice E CTR NSWCDL-K74"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> We rescently upgraded to the 2.6.15-r1 kernel and life is great on the
> systems that use the adaptec scsi controllers. However, LSI Logic does
> not appear to be seen by udev or, more likely, initramfs facilities.
> Consequently, no root device is found.

Hm? The initramfs is in charge to load proper modules, if needed. But
there shouldn't be a root device if there's an initramfs. Are you
talking about the staged root which is going to be pivot'ed when the
initramfs is done?

> I am missing something but don't know what. Below is the output of [...]

How has the cited output been made? From initramfs system?

My questions would be:
- is the driver for the LSI controller compiled into the kernel?
- if it isn't, is the module contained in the initramfs? Is it a module
  for the right kernel?
- and how is the module to be loaded by the initramfs?
- is there a static or a dynamic /dev in the initramfs?
- if dynamic, how is it managed?
- what are the commands the initramfs uses to stage into "real root"?

-hwh