On 4/26/06, Jannis Achstetter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hey, I got an AMD Athlon XP 2000+ and a Radeon 9000 Pro, so nearly the
same specs. And why do you use the ati-drivers?

It is actually the only way to play games like UT2004 that need ST3C (patented algorithm crap).

I had exactly the same problem, so I didn't use them since then. The
xorg-driver "radeon" is great and should support 3D on the Radeon 9000
and since Xorg 7.X (and 6.9) on the 9600, too.
I can just tell you to use them, they ARE better. I got EXA by now
with them so I can use compositing and direct rendering at the same
time with very good performance.

I used them a while ago, but they were quite crappy. Can you do heavy 3D with them without pulling your hair out?

--
Ghislain Bourgeois
---