On 01/05/06, Jeff Rollin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 01/05/06, Jeff Rollin < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 01/05/06, Jeff Rollin < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi.

I'm trying to set GDM up so that it provides logins to machines logging in over the network. I have set everything up as per the Gentoo XDMCP howto Guide, and can start X by typing "X -broadcast  :1" on the server on which GDM is running, but other hosts cannot access it.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

I wonder if this might be the root of the problem: after a reboot, attempting to mount nfs exports or ssh into the X host returns "No route to host"

I'll say; the interface on the host I was trying to connect to was given the wrong address.

Duh.

Jeff.

However, "X -broadcast" still isn't working. Damn...