On Thursday, May 4 2006 13:16, Jamie wrote:
> In the next few days I will be getting my brand new Dell 2007WFP LCD
> delivered and obviously I want to use it on my Gentoo box.
> This screen uses a non-standard resolution of [EMAIL PROTECTED] and I have no
> idea how to get this setting in my XOrg setup. Can anyone point me in the
> right direction?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jamie

How exactly is this non standard? It is a perfectly valid resolution, my
laptop screen has the same resolution.

You will most probably only have too add a "1680x1050" mode to the Screen
section of your xorg.conf and possibly fiddle with the hsync and vrefresh
settings if you have them set.

It should just work, assuming your video card is capable of outputting that
resolution, most are afaik.

--
Raymond Lewis Rebbeck