I recently decided to resize my reiserfs root partition, used
resize_reiserfs to shrink the filesystem, then used cfdisk to resize
the device.  Everything went according to plan, although it was a
somewhat unnerving experience because in order to resize using cfdisk
u have to delete then recreate the partition, which wasn't clearly
documented anywhere... Anyway, now Ive got a problem because my disk
at the moment has 3 primary partitions, 1 boot part., 1 swap part, and
one root part. for gentoo.

the problem is i cant create a new primary partition which i need to
do if i want to install windows beside gentoo, which i also need to
do.

does anyone know if it would be possible to replace my boot and swap
partitions with identically sized logical partitions inside a single
primary partition? has anyone attempted this? it occurs to me that
that would be the simplest solution...

anyone have any other ideas?