Hello Daniel,

He mentioned an error that happens when he click the Gnome (or KDE,
can't remember) icon at the desktop. Not something he typed...

Thanks for pointing that out!

Try simply NOT USING the icon, and using an application direcly.

OK, I have tryed this with mplayer, xine, cd player

With cd player and mplayer I am unable to get the cd to play but it
does show me the metadata for the cd (audio)

With xine I can play the cd (audio)

Emerge mplayer and:
I have "emerged mplayer"

mplayer dvd://
what is this and where do I do this?

for example. Try XMMS to play audio CDs. Have you tried just playing
them with the app?

See above for this response

Or are you still wanting them to be played
automagically?
Rigtht now I don't care if there play auto or not but at a time I
would like this.

I guess your problem is configuration of the WM and maybe some
dependency or whatever linked to the way the WM deals with the icons
on the desktop.
I am using Gnome that portage has of latest one I think, and x11 how
do I do this and so on I am a very new users that had done this setup
now over 5 times as I run in to one issue or entother?

You DO NOT MOUNT audio CDs, that would probably return an error and/or
block the device for direct reading (in the case of a DVD).
I tryed this as a test to see if that was the issue and it did not
help so I rebooted after it

Sincerely,
Christopher