Hi Vladimir,
on Thursday, 2006-05-04 at 17:56:58, you wrote:
> Anyway, I figured out what my problem was. I was starting eth0 twice,
> once through an rc script, and once with ifplugd. When I zapped the rc
> script (rc-update del net.eth0), things started work better.

Still sounds like an ifplugd config problem. As I learnt from this
list a while ago, you *should* start both ifplugd and the net.eth*
scripts---it actually works better like this, e.g. auto-joining wireless
networks via ifplugd never worked until I re-added the init script for
eth1. Here's my /etc/conf.d/ifplugd:

INTERFACES="eth0 eth1"
AUTO="yes"
BEEP="yes"
IGNORE_FAIL="yes"
IGNORE_FAIL_POSITIVE="no"
IGNORE_RETVAL="yes"
POLL_TIME="2"
DELAY_UP="0"
DELAY_DOWN="0"
API_MODE="auto"
SHUTDOWN="no"
WAIT_ON_FORK="no"
MONITOR="no"
ARGS=""
MONITOR_eth1="yes"
DELAY_UP_eth1="5"
DELAY_DOWN_eth1="5"

cheers!
        Matthias
--
I prefer encrypted and signed messages. KeyID: FAC37665
Fingerprint: 8C16 3F0A A6FC DF0D 19B0  8DEF 48D9 1700 FAC3 7665