Daniel,

I have a successful config at home with nvidia GeForce4 FS 5200 card. I
use it in clone configuration so this screen would be shown exactly as
it is on my TV.
Both my TV and LCD monitor have the same resolution. I get TV Out as
composite video at 1024x768 and use it to watch movies with Nvidia drivers.
Do you feel what I do is what you want to accomplish? If yes, then my
XF86Config may help you.

Let me know,
Rohit