On Tue, 2006-05-09 at 19:33 +0100, Neil Bothwick wrote:
> I am writing a comparative review of a number of X terminals, so I
> thought I'd draw on the collective wisdom of this list. which are your
> most/least favourite X terminals, and why?

I use gnome-terminal because it has tabs and color. I used to use
multi-terminal, but I switched a long time ago because I found that
gnome-terminal was more stable. I rarely (if ever) use xterm because its
look-and-feel is so outdated and it doesn't support tabs.

In that operating system masquerading as an editor (XEmacs), I use
shell-mode because I can use all the power of a customizable and
programmable visual editor on shell commands and output. (I just
stumbled upon eshell (Emacs shell), and I'll have to give that a try.)

The best terminal/shell I ever used was MPW (Macintosh Programmer's
Workshop) on the old Macs. Editing and the shell were seamlessly
integrated. Wonderful.

--- Vladimir

Vladimir G. Ivanovic
Palo Alto, CA 94306