On Tuesday 09 May 2006 10:40, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote about '[gentoo-user]
LVM2 Problems':
> I recently synced my Gentoo (2.6.7-gentoo-r13) and after emerging
> updated ebuilds, sure lvm2 was one of them and a reboot I lost my
> mounted fs.

> /dev/cont/swap          none            swap            sw
       ^^^^
>   PV /dev/hda3   VG cont   lvm2 [111.23 GB / 6.74 GB free]
                      ^^^^
>   Found volume group "cont" using metadata type lvm2
                        ^^^^

So, it would seem that your volume group is named "cont", yes?

>   8 logical volume(s) in volume group "zoom" now active
                                         ^^^^

Then why do we see "zoom" here?

Clearly, there is some metadata that doesn't agree.  Try a vgcfgbackup and
vgcfgrestore to get your metadata in sync.  If that doesn't fix things
try:
vgchange -an cont zoom
vgrename cont zoom
vgrename zoom cont

Also, be /very/ careful with upgrading LVM / device-mapper.  I've certainly
had issues where old LVM wouldn't work with new dm or new LVM wouldn't
work with old dm.  (But, I have LVM dynamically linked instead of the
Gentoo default of statically.)

Oh, BTW, if it /is/ a dm/kernel conflict, and you have LVM statically
linked, you'll have to recompile it *after* you've changed to a dm
supported by your kernel (if you change you kernel, but not your dm, this
won't apply).  Otherwise, it won't use your new dm version.  Such is the
benefit and detriment of static linking.

--
"If there's one thing we've established over the years,
it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest