On Friday 12 May 2006 18:57, Marco Calviani wrote:

> Hi list,
>   i have a question regarding shfs. I'm use to connect a remote
> computer (let's call it C) from a linux machine (A) via ssh passing
> through a *nix gateway (B). I would like to be able to transfer data
> from C to A as easy as possible. Since B works only as a gateway i'm
> not able to save anything into it. Is there a way to use shfs (or
> similar) in order to reach this objective?

I suppose you do something like

a$ ssh [EMAIL PROTECTED]
b$ ssh [EMAIL PROTECTED]
c$

and, from there, you want to copy stuff from c to a and viceversa.
The simplest way I can think of right now is to do a port forwarding, ie:

a$ ssh -L 2222:c.com:22 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
b$ ssh [EMAIL PROTECTED]
c$

In fact, you don't even need to connect to c.

>From now on, open a new terminal on a and you can do (to copy files from
c to a):

a$ scp -P 2222 [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/path/to/file/on/c /destination/path/on/a

You can also reverse things and use the -R option to start the copy from
c (but you need to have the ssh daemon running on a in this case).
Man ssh will give you the details.