On 14/05/06, Walter Dnes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Installing the XMMS plugin is the first step.  There are two ways to
get XMMS to work...
[snip...]
  2) From "CTRL-C" or "Play AudioCD"
  In XMMS "CTRL-C" or (or select "Play AudioCD" from the menu)
  Click on right-pointing triangle (2nd from the left along the bottom)
  Menu opens up.  It's already at /dev and the selection "cdrom"
  Click on "Play".  Nothing happens, but don't worry...
  Click on right-pointing triangle (2nd from the left along the bottom)
...and it finally plays.
  Somewhat convoluted, if you ask me.

Strange, when I play Ctrl+C my XMMS reads the CD, fetches all the
titles and starts playing the first track, all on its own . . .

I use the CD Audio Player 1.2.10 [libcdaudio.so] module.

The only thing that annoys me on a laptop of mine (Compaq Evo N600c)
is that there is NO sound, until I either:
1. Press the sound +/- buttons on the front of the laptop (they
increase/decrease the Master setting of alsamixer)
2. Launch alsamixer and change (up or down) the sound setting of Master or PCM.

The same annoying 'feature' happens with the console bell - as it
happens I want to have bell sounding on the console.

Has anyone seen this mute-until-you-change-volume-setting before?
--
Regards,
Mick