Hello list,

I've been installing gentoo on 16, almost identical PC's. I wanted to do
a manual install once and clone the rest but I am having problems with
rebooting a gentoo box with the same livecd I used to install gentoo in
the first place (I've also tried with a fresh livecd). Booting with the
livecd would allow me to get an image of the hard drive to use for
cloning. I don't know an alternative way.

I am planning to get a few machines going on a manual installation while
I troubleshoot the livecd problem. These machines are behind a router
and there will be multiple emerge --sync requests coming from the same
IP. Is this a problem? I read somewhere that the same machine should not
be doing more than one emerge --sync per day.

Thanks,

--
Valmor