On 16/05/06, Richard Fish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Well the use flags just add the ability to support (and add
dependancies on) the given environment by building the plugin.  If you
check the output of "ldd /usr/lib/openoffice/program/*", you will see
several libraries that depend upon KDE components.  Removing the kde
use flag would prevent those libraries from being built with
openoffice.

Yes, I've spotted at  least a couple of dozens of kde libs scrolling by.

The choice is made at runtime whether to *use* those libraries.  As
far as I can tell (I have not checked the OOo sources), OOo decides to
use KDE based on the KDE_FULL_SESSION environment variable.  Mine is
set to 'true'.  Do you have something else?  Maybe you are not running
a the full KDE environment somehow?

Where/how do you check that?  I am running fluxbox and a number of KDE
apps which I launch as and when needed.  More rarely I launch the full
KDE as a DE (BTW, are you running KDE as a DE?).  It is worth
mentioning that when I launch OOo after KDE has started it readilly
assumes the KDE icons.  However, launching it from within fluxbox with
no KDE running it assumes the none env.  This was not the case in the
past when the ooo-kde flag worked beautifully.  Now it is of course
ignored.  :-(

> How can I make OOo pick a particular desktop env permanently?  Where can I
set it up?
The easiest would be to modify your ~/.profile and add:
export OOO_FORCE_DESKTOP=kde

Thanks I'll check that.
--
Regards,