On Thursday 18 May 2006 03:10, Neil Bothwick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
about 'Re: [gentoo-user] New Portage browser':
> On Wed, 17 May 2006 22:31:14 -0500, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> > Is there some problem with:
> > emerge -uND world || until emerge --resume --skipfirst; do :; done
> > ?
>
> I would add 'emerge -uDNp world' to the end of that, so you can see any
> packages that were missed.

I don't throw that in, mainly cause I mostly ignore all output for the
script.  I do usually go and check what I've missed later though.

> > A more complex version of that is in my nightly update script.
>
> Maybe you've already covered that case. Please share :)

It "works", but it's not all I had hoped it would be.  Anyway, it's
attached so perhaps it could be useful to someone else.

<fine print>
As with any work produced in the US, it is under copyright, even if I don't
assert it.  Therefore, I hereby release it into the public domain.
</fine print>

--
"If there's one thing we've established over the years,
it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest