On Sunday 21 May 2006 00:56, Leandro Melo de Sales wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
>   After download gentoo-universal for AMD64, what is the right steps
> should I need to do to install gentoo on a Opteron AMD64 with adaptec
> SCSI controler?

do a normal installation.
when building the kernel, build scsi support, scsi harddisk support and the
aic7xxx or whichever adaptec driver is the correct one for you, into the
kernel.

your grub.conf line should look like this:
title=2.6
root (hd0,0)
kernel (hd0,0)/boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/sda3  nmi_watchdog =1

(or sda2 or 5 or whereever root is)

(because make install not only copies the files to /boot, it creates a vmlinuz
symlink to the just installed kernel. And a vmlinuz.old symlink to the
previous used one. Very comfortable.)