Le Samedi 20 Mai 2006 12:47, Neil Bothwick a écrit :
> On Sat, 20 May 2006 10:52:30 +0200, Jonathan Chocron wrote:
> > I mean that kdelibs should have the arts useflag set. Otherwise uou
> > can't have any system sound (either through alsa or oss).
>
> KDE has an option to use an external player for system sounds, so you can
> still have them without aRts.

No, I tried that. Kde will only use the external player if kdelibs has been
compiled against arts. It took me a while to figure that out, since I too am
using an external player for sounds.

If you don't want to use arts, you just have to compile kdelibs against arts,
and not the rest of kde.

Regards,

-- Jonathan