On Sunday 21 May 2006 01:42, W.Kenworthy wrote:
> The modes are there but xorgs log shows them as filled out with zeros
> (see the bit for Mode 38 below - quite a number of modes are like this).
> 915resolution reports that the modes I want to use are present) If I
> start it up with the ext monitor connected I get a weird display on both
> screens - unusable.
>
> Ive done all the standard things and am thinking Ive run up into an xorg
> bug with this driver.  It will be a few weeks before I get the time to
> fiddle with this again - its at least usable as long as I dont boot it
> with an ext monitor plugged in, if non-optimal in the way I am currently
> using it.

The modes which xorg null's out are the ones your hardware cannot support.
Only now did I notice that your laptop's native resolution is 1366x768. That
is 768 pixels vertical. You physically cannot have 1024 pixels. Yet you write
that you managed to force it once. Are you sure that was it?

Anyway, I don't think you can use such a mode on your laptop. Your projector
should work fine of course, but without clone mode.

Another possibility would be having 1280x1024 workspace, which should display
properly on the projector, but using a lower resolution on the laptop, which
should behave like zooming because the workspace is bigger. I don't know how
to do this off the top of my head, but it should be in the man pages.

Regards,
Jure