Well,

 I have /dev/sda1 as my / partition. So, I setup my grub.conf like this:

title=Gentoo Linux 2.6.16
root (hd0,0)
kernel /boot/kernel-2.6.16.img root=/dev/sda1 udev noapic acpi=off

and my /etc/fstab looks like this:

/dev/sda1                      /                   ext3
noatime         0 1
/dev/sdb1                      none             swap           sw
         0 0
/dev/cdroms/cdrom0      /mnt/cdrom    iso9660       noauto,ro       0 0
/dev/fd0                        /mnt/floppy     auto            noauto
        0 0

I don't know what is wrong...

Any tip?

Thanks
Leandro.

2006/5/21, Hemmann, Volker Armin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
On Sunday 21 May 2006 23:50, Leandro Melo de Sales wrote:
> Yes.. when I boot using livecd I can mount the partitions correct. I
> really don't know what is happened... :(

and the livecd uses tha aacraid driver too?

is the grub entry really correct? maybe it looks after the wrong harddrive?

(I had this problem some weeks ago. hda, sda. When booted, hda was drive 0 for
grub, when booting, sda was drive 0 for grub. Took me some time to find the
cause of my wrongly booting system).

Leandro Melo de Sales.
Computer Science Student
Laboratório de Sistemas Distribuídos - www.lsd.ufcg.edu.br
Laboratório de Sistemas Embarcados e Computação Pervasiva -
www.embeddedacademy.org
Universidade Federal de Campina Grande - UFCG
Campina Grande - PB - Brasil