Teresa and Dale wrote:

It is really rare that I have a drive to go out. Maybe I'm just lucky. <shrugs > I do have a few drives that are over a decade old and some a
couple decades old.

I have owned dozens of drives over the years. The only reliable brands that I have used are Western Digital, IBM and Seagate.

I have tried Maxtor three separate times. Twice the drive failed withing three months, and in both cases, the receipt magically disappeared with the box that *somebody* threw out. The last drive in just over one year (not willing to mail it in for the return of $40 ... lots of important data that needs cleansing first). I swear to GOD that I will NEVER buy another Maxtor!

:-)

Seagates are awesome ... 5 year warrantee to boot!

Tom Veldhouse