On 5/25/06, Daniel da Veiga <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 5/25/06, Iain Buchanan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-05-25 at 18:20 -0300, Daniel da Veiga wrote:
>
> > Anyway, the OP is using genkernel (wether it likes/knows it or not)...
>
> This doesn't look like genkernel:

It doesn't have to look, he used the Gentoo installer, and so, it IS GENKERNEL.

It's not genkernel.  I don't use genkernel.  I do *not* like genkernel.

> >  I loaded the configuration file from my
> > old kernel and then just make && make install
>
> to use genkernel, you have to call genkernel.  If he's typing make &&
> make install, then he's just using the plain old kernel makefile.

That if you do a manual install, the installer use it, or better, if
you choose it will use the same kernel as the livecd, that is, voilá,
genkernel. Try it, its pretty cool.

Most settings from the original install are gone because I'm pretty
nuts about customizing things.