Richard Fish wrote:
On 5/26/06, Anthony E. Caudel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I see that KDE 3.5 finally made it out of testing.  I plan to upgrade to
it but since it is slotted, I'll have to unmerge 3.4 first.

You don't need to unmerge 3.4 _first_.  You can do it after you have
merged 3.5, although even then it is optional.

Does the fact that it does not use the kde
flag guarantee that it does not need the kde libraries?

No, like all USE flags, the kde flag is only for *optional* kde
support.  There are some applications that will not work at all
without KDE, even though they are not part of KDE.  Those applications
will not have a kde use flag, but will bring in whatever parts of kde
they depend on.  Examples are koffice, kdevelop, kmplayer, kaffeine,

equery depends kdelibs | grep -v kde-base/

Course, I guess I could blithely go along and as apps crash, I'll find
the others.

revdep-rebuild

-Richard

Ah, thanks.  revdep-rebuild it is.